Stream Gateway can communicate to PLC and other devices that support Siemens S7 TCP communication. The following PLCs are supported:
From Stream Explorer, select Data Sources and click on the Add button.
- Name: Unique name for the data source.
- Description: Optional information about the data source.
- Data Source Type: Selecting one of the Siemens S7 PLCs.
- Cycle: This is the scan rate for this data source.
- IP address: Type here the IP address of the Siemens S7 PLC.
Note: If you have more than one IP address (redundant), type them separated with semi column. Example: 10.10.10.1;10.10.10.2
- Port No.: Device port number.
- Rack: Enter rack number.
- Slot: Enter CPU slot number.
- Timeout: Configures operation or socket time-out
- Retry: Configures the automatic retry setting. A value of 0 disables any automatic retries.
- Status Tag: Select or type a Boolean tag name that will become True only when if the device comm status is healthy.
The next step is to add Tags and link them to this data source. See Siemens Addressing.